Keto Diet Meal Plan and Menu
Many people taking a ketogenic diet are usually on a mission to lose weight as well as improve health, among other benefits. Currently, the keto diet is among the most popular diet plan in the world. Typically, this diet entails a user adopting a low-carb, high-fat which promotes the loss of fat and promote conditions such as type 2 diabetes.
When your body is driven into Ketosis, it burns fats to produce energy as opposed to burning carbohydrates. This plan is not without side effects, but when well done, benefits are immense. Essentially, it is essential to understand the types of food to incorporate in your plan.
Keto diet for beginners
Keep in mind…
About 60 to 80 percent of your calories come from fats. Eating fats, meats, oils, and little non-starchy vegetables can help you achieve this. Still, it is prudent to eat about bout 1g/kg of bodyweight protein and about 20 and 50 g of carbs per day. However, this will depend on an individual.
Primarily, fats deliver about 75% of the total calorie intake, proteins account for 20% of energy needs, and cards are restricted to 5%. The low fats force the body to use fats for energy (Ketosis).
Ketogenic diet meal plan
You should restrict your diet plans to the following:
- Eggs: eat Pastured, organic whole eggs
- Poultry: Chicken and turkey.
- Fatty fish: Wild-caught fatty fish like salmon, herring, and mackerel
- Meats: Grass-fed beef, venison, pork, organ meats, and bison.
- Full-fat dairy: Yogurt, butter, and cream.
Fats and oils
Choose to eat healthy fats, including:
- Coconut oil,
- Olive oil
- Avocado oil
- Coconut butter
- Sesame oil
- Heavy cream
- Sunflower oil
- Safflower oil
- Corn oil
Fruits and veggies
The following fruits and veggies are best for a keto diet:
- Whole avocados
- Non-starchy vegetables like Greens, broccoli, tomatoes, mushrooms, and peppers.
- Leafy greens, like spinach and arugula
- Spaghetti squash
Nuts and seeds
- Flaxseed and chia seeds
- Macadamia nuts
- Pumpkin seeds
- Natural nut butter like Natural peanut, almond, and cashew butter
Use condiments like Salt, pepper, lemon butter sauce, Tomato sauce, vinegar, lemon juice, guacamole, fresh herbs, sugarless mayonnaise, raw garlic, and spices.
- Cheddar cheese
- Blue cheese
- Feta cheese
- Full-fat cottage cheese
- Full-fat plain Greek yogurt
- Full-fat ricotta cheese
Herbs and spices
Spices aren’t a big problem with keto diets. You can use them in any amounts. However, count the amount of carb, especially if you are taking them in large numbers.
- Salt (salt foods to taste)
- Thyme, oregano, paprika, and cayenne
- Ground ginger
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
Always take sweeteners with moderation. The following will work well with the keto diet.
- Almond milk
- Bone broth
- Plain tea
- Black coffee
- Unsweetened carbonated water bloated)
- Diet soda
- Zero-calorie drinks
Foods you should avoid
The general advice is that you should avoid foods rich in carbohydrates while you are on a keto diet. Such foods include:
- Cold cuts with added sugar
- marinated meat in sugary sauces
- Fish or chicken nuggets
- Artificial trans fats
- Trail mixes with dried fruit
- Sweetened nut or seed butter
- Chocolate-covered nuts
- Fruit juice
- Barbecue sauce
- Honey mustard
- Maple syrup
- White and brown sugars
- Sweetened nonfat yogurt
- Ice cream
A Sample One Week Keto Diet Menu
Take a look at the sample Keto diet menu below. It provides less than 50 grams of carbs.
- Breakfast: 2 eggs fried in pastured butter served with sautéed greens.
- Lunch: A bunless burger (grass-fed) with cheese tipping, mushrooms, and avocado atop a bed of greens.
- Dinner: Pork chops and green beans sautéed in coconut oil.
- Breakfast: Full-fat yogurt together with Keto granola
- Lunch: Steak bowl, cauliflower rice, cheese, herbs, avocado, and salsa.
- Dinner: Bison steak with cheesy broccoli. See Broccoli Nutrition Facts
- Breakfast: a mushroom omelet.
- Lunch: Tuna salad + celery and tomato atop a bed of greens.
- Dinner: Cream source on roast chicken and sautéed broccoli.
- Breakfast: Bell pepper with cheese and eggs.
- Lunch: Arugula salad, hard-boiled eggs, turkey, avocado, and blue cheese.
- Dinner: Grilled salmon and spinach that is sautéed in coconut oil.
- Breakfast: Baked avocado egg boats.
- Lunch: Caesar salad with chicken.
- Dinner: Pork chops with vegetables.
- Breakfast: Coconut milk chia pudding, which is topped with coconut and walnuts.
- Lunch: Cobb salad with greens, avocado, hard-boiled eggs, cheese, and turkey.
- Dinner: Coconut chicken curry.
- Breakfast: Cauliflower toast cheese topping and avocado
- Lunch: Meatballs served with zucchini noodles and parmesan cheese
- Dinner: Bunless salmon burgers with a pesto topping