How to Repair Damaged Hair?
Between hair dye, drying and straightening treatments, and the harsh chemicals in our air, it’s no surprise that hair can quickly become dry and damaged. Dry and frizzy hair is difficult to tame. So your best bet is to try to cure your dry, damaged hair.
Frizzy hair is one of the most annoying hair problems in the world. Not only does it look unattractive. It can also cause your hair to stick to things and leave your hair feeling very unhealthy.
“Frizzy and damaged hair can be caused by genetics, poor diet, or lack of conditioner.”
Natural Remedies To Get Rid Of Frizzy Hair
Learn how to get rid of frizzy hair and have a smooth mane once again. These home remedies for damaged and frizzy hair are convenient, inexpensive, and easy to try.
Home Remedies for dry, Frizzy and Damaged Hair
1. Egg and Water
Eggs are one of the most nutritionally dense foods in the world, and they can do wonderful things for damaged hair. Use this home remedy once per week to see how much it can help your hair.
How to use Egg for frizzy hair?
- Crack 1 egg into a small bowl. You may need to use 2 eggs if you have long hair. Whisk the eggs until they are thoroughly mixed. Add 1/4 cup of water for 1 egg and 1/2 cup of water for 2 eggs.
- Massage the egg and water mixture into your hair. Cover your hair with a towel or hair net to let your hair absorb the eggs.
- After 15 minutes, rinse your hair thoroughly with lukewarm water. Do not use hot water, or the eggs may scramble in your hair.
2. Avocado and Banana
Avocado and banana are both great home remedies for damaged hair. Using them together lets you get their health benefits in one easy hair mask. Use slightly overripe avocados and bananas for this remedy. They are softer and easier to combine for this remedy.
How to use Avocado and banana for frizzy hair?
- Remove the skin from avocado and peel a banana. Mash both fruits together in a bowl. Once they are both mashed, combine them into 1 thick paste.
- Use your hands to massage the mask into your scalp and the roots of your hair.
- Massage the mask into the rest of your hair through the ends. Let the mask soak into your hair for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the avocado and banana out of your hair with lukewarm water. Pat your hair dry with a towel.
- Repeat 1 time every 2 weeks.
3. Hot Oil
Oil is great for soaking into your hair and filling in damaged hair cells. When you heat the oil, it more easily penetrates hair and heals it. That makes hot oil one of the most effective frizzy hair home remedies.
How to use Hot Oil for frizzy and damaged hair?
- Pour 1 cup of olive oil, coconut oil, or safflower oil into a pot on the stove. Turn the heat on low until the oil is warm but not hot.
- Wet your hair. Wring your hair gently so the excess water is gone.
- Slowly pour the oil over your hair, making sure it hits the ends of your hair. These tend to be the most damaged areas of hair.
- Cover your hair with a translucent hair mask or towel. Let the oil soak into your hair for 20 to 30 minutes. Rinse the hair with warm water. Gently towel dries your hair.
- Repeat this treatment once per week.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is one of the best home remedies for damaged hair because it restores shine, heals damage, and gets rid of unhealthy buildup in your hair.
How to use Apple Cider Vinegar for hair?
- Pour 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar into 1 cup of water.
- Apply the apple cider vinegar mixture over your hair.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly.
Massage is an important part of healthy hair. Your scalp needs to be stimulated to keep producing the natural oils that keep your hair moisturized and silky. While you are in the shower, use your fingertips to massage conditioner into your scalp.
Bananas are full of nutrients that can restore body, shine, and smoothness to your hair. You’ll need to mix 1 very ripe banana with honey or olive oil until it reaches a pasty consistency. You can apply the mixture to your hair and leave it on for 20 minutes before rinsing it out.
7. Lemon Juice
If your frizzy hair is caused by overall dryness, particularly on your scalp, lemon juice may be the treatment you need. It can strip chemical buildup on the hair that can cause dullness and frizziness. Dilute 1 part lemon juice with 1 part water and use it as your final rinse in the shower.
8. Carbonated Water
Sometimes, hair frizz is caused by humidity. Carbonated water has a low pH level, so it can combat frizziness naturally. After washing your hair and rinsing the shampoo out. Simply turn the water off and use your carbonated water as your final hair rinse.
9. Mayonnaise and Avocado
These two foods are almost entirely made up of fat, so they are natural choices for restoring your hair to healthy oil levels.
How to use this remedy?
- Add 1 cup of mayonnaise to a bowl. Add 1/2 avocado and mash the mixture until it forms a thick paste.
- Rub the mixture into your hair, concentrating on the ends. Frizz tends to start in the dry ends of your hair and work its way up.
- Leave the mixture on your hair for 20 minutes. Wash your hair as normal.
- Repeat this process once per week for shiny, frizz-free hair.
So these are the list of 9 Natural Remedies To Get Rid Of Frizzy Hair.