Yogurt Face Mask
Yogurt has long been used as a natural cleansing and softening agent. Suitable for all skin types. Yogurt masks are quite popular in improving the look and feel of skin.
Aside from its beauty potential, yogurt is more famously known as a popular food item. Yogurt has been a staple component of many cuisines around the world. Health promoting properties of yogurt include:
- Rich Source of Probiotics – Yogurt contains natural “good” bacterial cultures which actively help relieve any digestive concerns and irregularity.
- High in Calcium – Yogurt is a prominent source of calcium. Calcium will help keep bones healthy. It also helps you prevent osteoporosis.
- Yogurt can be digested by those suffering from lactose intolerance. Therefore, it is a very important calcium source for people who have difficulty digesting lactose in milk products.
- Yogurt is full of nutrients- It is rich in B vitamins, protein, and minerals. Yogurt is low in carbohydrates and some varieties are also low in fat.
Below are popular homemade yogurt masks that will help you improve the look and feel of your skin:
Mix equal parts yogurt with tomato pulp or tomato juice. Apply liberally to the face. Leave on for 15 minutes and then wash off with lukewarm water.
To improve the look and tone of your skin, create a mask using yogurt and fresh cucumber juice. This mask will not only improve the appearance of your skin but will act to cool and refresh the area.
To relieve dry skin, make a mask by combining yogurt with a small amount of honey. Apply to the face and leave on for 15 minutes. Wash off with warm water.
Another popular yogurt mask to combat dry skin involves the addition of bananas. Combine yogurt, honey, and mashed banana. Apply to the overall face. Leave this mask for 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
To effectively soften skin. Create a mask by combining egg whites and yogurt. Leave on for 10 minutes and then wash your face with lukewarm water.
Removing Dark Spots
To remove skin spots. Try the following yogurt mask.
How to make it?
- Mix yogurt, ground oatmeal, and honey.
- Make it into a paste.
- Apply this mixture to the skin.
- Leave for 20 minutes. Wash your face with lukewarm water.