How to Get Rid Of Itching Naturally?
Itchy skin is one of the most common skin ailments to affect people. It can be caused by infection, dry skin, medication, or several other common causes. Whatever is causing your itchy skin, you want the itching to stop.
Instead of using expensive steroid creams, try these home remedies for itchy skin. They work quickly and effectively.
1.Apple Cider Vinegar
Known for its many healing properties, apple cider vinegar is one of the best home remedies for itchy skin.
- Use a cotton ball to rub apple cider vinegar onto your itchy skin. Use a different cotton ball for each area of affected skin.
- If the itch persists, add 2 cups of apple cider vinegar to your bath and soak in it.
Coconut oil is one of the most trusted home remedies for itchy skin caused by dryness. It is very moisturizing and it provides relief from intense itching.
- Sit in a warm bath until your fingers wrinkle. This indicates that your skin is fully hydrated.
- Pat yourself dry with a towel, leaving the skin slightly damp. Use your hands to rub a thick layer of coconut oil on the itchy parts of your skin.
- Cover the oiled areas with clothing or a soft gauze bandage. Let your skin soak the oil up overnight.
- Repeat as needed.
Basil contains eugenol. Eugenol works as a topical anesthetic, so instead of taking away your itching, it just keeps you from feeling it. This is a good treatment if you are in the process of figuring out what is causing your itchy skin.
- Boil 2 cups of water. Put the water into a jar with a lid. Pour 1/2 ounce of dried basil into the water.
- Cover the lid of the jar. Let the tea cool.
- Use a cotton cloth to soak up the tea. Apply the tea to your itchy skin.
Honey is one of the most effective home remedies for itchy skin. It keeps your skin moisturized and has natural antioxidant properties. It is an important ingredient in many moisturizing skin products.
- Put 1 tablespoon of honey in a bowl. Microwave for 7 seconds. Make sure that the honey is warm, not hot.
- Rub the honey onto the itchy part of your skin. Let the honey sit for 15 minutes. Wash off with warm water.
- Repeat as desired.
When it comes to halting your itching, juniper berries may be one of the first remedies you should try.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan. Grind 5 tablespoons ground cloves in a spice grinder or food processor.
- Add the ground spice mixture to the butter. If the mixture is too solid, add more butter.
- Let the mixture cool completely. Rub the mixture onto your itchy skin and let it dry. Rinse off with warm water.
If you need relief from itching all over your body, an oatmeal bath is a great remedy.
- Run a very warm bath. Crush 1 cup of rolled oats to grind them into smaller pieces. Dump the cup of oats into your bath.
- Soak in the bath for 15 to 45 minutes.
- When you get out of the bath, do not towel dry. Allow the oatmeal mixture to dry on your skin.
Beeswax is one of the best home remedies for itchy skin because of its powerful moisturizing properties.
- Add 3 tablespoons of beeswax, 3 tablespoons of honey, and 3 tablespoons of olive oil to a pan.
- Heat on low until the beeswax has melted and combines easily with the other ingredients.
- Allow the mixture to cool slightly. Rub the mixture onto your skin.
8.Baking Soda Bath
Baking soda works to negate the inflammation that causes itching. Many people swear by this remedy, making it one of the most trusted home remedies for itching.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of baking soda all over a warm bath. Allow it to dissolve.
- Sit in the bath for 15-30 minutes or until the bath cools down.
- After getting out of the bath, let the baking soda dry on your skin. This will keep itching away for longer than if you wiped it off right away.
Mint not only smells good, but it’s also one of the best home remedies for itching and hives. It is full of menthol, a chemical that is anesthetic and anti-inflammatory.
- Boil 2 cups of water. Add 1 teaspoon of dried mint leaves.
- Cover the water and let it cool to room temperature. Strain the mint leaves out of the mixture.
- Use a cotton ball to dab the mint water onto your itchy skin.
Lemons are naturally anesthetic and anti-inflammatory, so they treat both properties of an itch. They can minimize swelling and pain.
- Cut 1 lemon in half. Squeeze the juice from both halves into a bowl.
- Lightly dab the lemon juice all over the itchy area. Allow the area to air dry.
- Avoid the sun, as lemon juice can make you more partial to sunburns.