Are you tired of using the cosmetics creams and did not feel any improvement at your acne problem?
Still, finding the best home remedy for the treatment of acne? Have you ever used tea tree oil for acne before?
If no. Start from today. Just believe, Tea tree oil is one of the best home remedies to treat acne. You will see an improvement in your acne problems and get healthy skin.
We discussed in the previous article about the various health benefits of tea tree oil. Today we discuss the use of tea tree oil for treating acne.
What is tea tree oil?
Tea tree oil is made from the leaves of the Australi ‘Melaleuca Alternifolia’, an Australian tree.
It is used as a traditional medicine from the centuries in Australia and also become popular in all world.
Does Tea Tree Oil Help Acne? What research says?
Australian people used it for treating skin related problems for many centuries.
But, Is tea tree oil works for acne?
Studies show that acne problems can be improved by using tea tree oil.
In one study, 14 participants used tea tree oil for 12 weeks. Total lesion counts reduced to 10.7 at 12 weeks from 23.7 without any adverse effect. This study shows that the use of tea tree oil products significantly improved mild to moderate acne.
One study of 61 patients using tea tree oil for acne shows that tea tree oil reduced the numbers of inflamed lesions in the treatment of acne.
A 2018 study on sixty patients found that the combination of tea tree oil, aloe vera, and propolis can also improve acne better than erythromycin cream.
How to Use Tea Tree Oil for Acne
Follow the following steps to use tea tree oil for acne.
- Mix 2-3 drops of tea tree oil into the bowl with 10-12 drops of carrier oil like coconut oil or sweet almond oil.
- You should test it for any allergic reaction before use. Apply a few drops on the inside of your elbow area. If you notice any sign of an allergic reaction like redness, itchiness, swelling, and burning. Do not use it on your face.
- Wash your face with a gentle cleanser and let it dry.
- Gently apply tea tree oil mixer on your blemishes with a cotton round or pad.
- follow the process 2 times a day, Morning at Night.
Where to buy Tea tree oil?
Tea tree oil has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. It is a natural treatment. Studies show that it has significant effects on acne without any adverse effects.
If you are using tea tree oil and don’t see an improvement in your acne, you should contact a dermatologist for better treatment.