Home Remedies for Tonsillitis
Tonsillitis, an infection of your tonsils, can be extremely painful. The first sign of tonsillitis may be white spots on the tongue. Your tonsils become inflamed, and sometimes doctors will recommend surgery to remove the tonsils.
However, surgery can be expensive and require a long healing period. These home remedies for tonsillitis. These can help cure your infection without the need for dangerous antibiotics or expensive surgery.
Tonsillitis Treatment at Home
Here are the list of tonsillitis treatment that can reduce your infection and pain.
Chamomile tea is one of the oldest home remedies for tonsillitis, as it has been recommended for hundreds of years. As a bonus, chamomile tea can relax you and help you sleep easier. Since tonsillitis pain often keeps you awake, chamomile tea should be used in conjunction with other remedies.
Lemon juice is one of the oldest home remedies for tonsillitis, due to its ability to kill infection and cleanse the tonsils of toxins.
- Combine 1 cup of warm water, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and honey.
- Sip the drink slowly to reduce the size of swollen tonsils and get quick relief from tonsillitis pain.
Freshly squeezed juices can give your body the immune boost it needs to fight off tonsillitis. This is best for mild infections, as your body may be able to fight it off on its own with the help of juice.
- Peel and clean 4 to 6 carrots. Put the carrots through a juicer.
- Drink at least 1 cup of carrot juice every day as long as tonsillitis persists.
To reduce the rash and redness caused by tonsillitis, you can use a remedy made from figs. This remedy is used externally, so it is most often used to treat the symptoms of tonsillitis. It can provide relief from tonsillitis symptoms while another remedy directly treats tonsillitis.
- Boil 1 cup of fresh figs in water. Put the water and figs into a blender once they have cooled down. Blend until the figs create a smooth paste.
- Press the paste along your throat area and let it air dry.
- Repeat once daily for tonsillitis pain relief.
Fenugreek is the base for a gargle that is excellent at treating tonsillitis. Fenugreek is naturally antibacterial, so it can kill the bacteria responsible for tonsillitis. Fenugreek has even been useful in severe cases of tonsillitis.
- Boil 2 cups of water and then mixed with 1 tablespoon of whole fennel seeds. Let the water cool completely and then strain the seeds out.
- Gargle with the fenugreek water for at least 30 seconds and then spit the water out.
- Repeat once per day until your tonsillitis goes away.
If you have mint-flavored mouthwash in your house, you have access to one of the fastest working home remedies for tonsillitis. You have to use this home remedy for tonsillitis frequently to see results. If you stick with it you can get rid of your tonsillitis very quickly.
- Gargle mouthwash for 30 to 60 seconds and then spit it out.
- Repeat this process every 2 to 3 hours for as long as you have tonsillitis.