Home Remedies for Lice
Lice is one of the most annoying health issues you can deal with because lice are extremely resilient.
They pass easily from person to person, jump onto any cloth or fabric surface they can, and live for a very long time.
Expensive shampoos and nit treatments were once the only accepted way to treat lice.
Lice Treatment at Home
These home remedies for lice are more affordable and natural.
Olive oil and combing can help remove all of the lice from your child’s head. This avoids the need for harsh chemicals that kill and smother lice, once again showing that home remedies for lice are healthier and preferable to conventional treatments.
- Coat your hair in olive oil.
- Separate your hair into small sections. Hold each section away from the others in a hair clip.
- Use a lice comb, a very fine comb, to comb out the hair one section at a time.
- As you comb, rinse the comb under hot water to get rid of lice and avoid spreading them to the rest of your head.
- Rinse and shampoo the hair as you normally do.
Repeat this treatment every night for one week.
2.Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil, with its strong astringent and antibacterial properties, is the perfect home remedy for lice. Since you can create this remedy yourself, it is one of the most adaptable home remedies for lice.
- Pour 2 ounces of olive oil into a small bowl.
- Add 15 drops of tea tree oil to the olive oil.
- Dip a cotton ball into the mixture.
- Dab the cotton ball all over your scalp, re-soaking in the oil mixture as needed. Ensure that your entire scalp is covered.
- Leave the mixture in for 12 hours. You may want to cover your hair with a shower cap so the oil does not get onto the pillow.
- Comb out your hair after 12 hours.
- Shower and rinse your hair.
Repeat this process every day until you no longer find lice when you comb your hair.
3.Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is highly acidic, making it toxic to lice. This treatment makes it easier to kill lice, which makes it far simpler to comb them out of the hair.
- Before shampooing your hair, pour apple cider vinegar over your hair.
- Shampoo your hair as normal.
- Pat your hair dry.
- Coat the hair in apple cider vinegar for 5 minutes.
- Comb through the hair with a lice comb.
- Towel dry hair.
Repeat this every night until you no longer find lice while combing hair.
Coconut oil has strong healing properties that can eradicate lice in no time. Coconut oil is becoming easier and easier to find, making this one of the very convenient home remedies for lice.
- Rinse your hair with apple cider vinegar. Let your hair dry.
- Coat your hair with coconut oil, making sure that your hair is thoroughly covered.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and leave the oil on overnight.
- In the morning, use a lice comb to comb out dead lice.
- Shampoo as normal.
Repeat every day for five days.
Garlic, with its natural healing and antifungal properties, is one of the most versatile home remedies for lice. This remedy will quickly fix your lice problem.
- Grind 10 cloves of garlic until they create a thick paste.
- Stir 3 teaspoons of lime juice into the garlic paste.
- Rub the mixture all over the scalp, ensuring that the scalp is completely covered in the garlic paste.
- Leave the garlic in the hair for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the paste out of the hair, making sure that all of the garlic comes out of your hair.
- Comb hair with lice comb.