Home Remedies for Dandruff
Dandruff not only makes your head unbearably itchy, but it also makes you self-conscious and embarrassed if you happen to wear a dark top.
It is often caused by an overly dry scalp or an imbalance of oils in your hair. Dandruff shampoos can leave your hair oily.
These home remedies for dandruff are a great ways to naturally get rid of your dandruff.
- Aspirin, found it everyone’s medicine cabinet, is a simple and quick way to treat your dandruff.
- Crush 2 aspirin tablets into a powder.
- While showering, put your normal amount of shampoo in your hand.
- Add the crushed aspirin to your shampoo.
- Shampoo your hair and leave it in for 2 minutes.
- Rinse well and shampoo again as normal.
Thanks to its drying properties, mouthwash can soak up the extra oil that encourages the production of dandruff. The alcohol in mouthwash washes off excess oils and gives your hair a fresh start.
- Wash your hair with shampoo as normal.
- Rinse your hair with 2 cups of alcohol-based mouthwash.
- Use conditioner as normal.
Lemon juice can wash away excess oil and dandruff flakes in one easy wash. Use lemon juice from concentrate to make this one of the most affordable home remedies for dandruff.
- Rub 1/2 cup of lemon juice into your scalp.
- Massage your head for 5 minutes.
- Shampoo your hair as normal.
Salt is coarse and great for scrubbing, making it one of the best home remedies for dandruff. You can use regular table salt or kosher salt for better scrubbing.
- Pour about 1 tablespoon of salt into your hand.
- Put the salt all over your hair.
- Massage your head to work the salt through the hair.
- Shampoo and condition your hair as normal.
5.Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has natural astringent properties, so it is perfect for treating dandruff. Since it fits right into your normal hair care routine, it is easy to implement.
- Mix 2 cups of apple cider vinegar with 2 cups of cold water.
- Shampoo your hair.
- Pour the vinegar and water mixture over your hair.
- Do not rinse with water, just towel dry your hair.
Baking soda clings to dandruff and can pull it out of your hair quickly. Since a box of baking soda is less than $1.00, this is one of the most affordable home remedies for dandruff.
- Get your hair wet.
- Squeeze excess water out of your hair.
- Pour a small handful of baking soda into your hand.
- Rub the baking powder into your scalp.
- Rinse your hair, making sure that all of the baking soda is out.
- Towel dry your hair.
Use this remedy in place of shampoo every other day.
Cedarwood, when used with the other oils in this remedy, is one of the more involved home remedies for dandruff. However, it is excellent for treating severe dandruff.
- Mix 7 drops of cedarwood oil, 10 drops of cypress oil, and 10 drops of juniper oil into a small amount of olive oil.
- Massage the mixture into the scalp.
- Let it sit for 1 hour.
- Shampoo your hair as normal.
- To maintain your dandruff-free hair, put the same amount of essential oils into 2.5 cups of warm water, and use it as a rinse.
8. Fenugreek Seeds
Fenugreek seeds have natural healing properties that can restore your hair to its natural balance of oil. As you’ll see, a small number of fenugreek seeds can have a big impact.
- Grind 1 tablespoon of fenugreek seeds with a mortar and pestle.
- Put the ground-up fennel seeds in 2 cups of water.
- Let the mixture soak overnight.
- Strain the seeds out.
- Use the remaining water as a rinse for your hair.