Home Remedies for Cellulite
One of the most common body image issues in the world is cellulite. It often appears on your legs or butt, creating a dimpled, lumpy appearance in these areas of your body.
While people may not be sure what causes cellulite. It may be caused by diet and an abundance of fat. Learn how to get rid of cellulite and get your smooth skin back. Below is the various Cellulite home remedies.
Cellulite Treatment at Home
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
This topical massage has garnered results for many people that suffer from cellulite. Use it 1 or 2 times per day to blast cellulite off your body.
How To Get Rid of Cellulite by using apple cider vinegar:
- Mix 3 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with 1 tablespoon of massage oil.
- You can change the amounts as long as you maintain a 3: 1 ratio of apple cider vinegar: massage oil.
- Gently massage the oil mixture into your cellulite, massaging up and away from the cellulite.
- Massage for 5 minutes.
2. Tomato Paste
Tomatoes are an excellent source of lycopene. Lycopene is a natural compound that supports the development of collagen and prevents current collagen from breaking down. While you may enjoy the benefits of lycopene by eating more tomatoes and tomato-based products, it works even better when used topically.
How to use tomato for cellulite?
- Pour a small amount of tomato paste into a bowl. Tomato paste is highly concentrated, so it offers the most lycopene.
- Gently rub the tomato paste onto your cellulite, leaving a thin coat of tomato paste all over your skin.
- After 10 minutes, rinse the paste off with warm water or jump into the shower.
3. Dry Brushing and Coconut Oil
Dry brushing and coconut oil are both trusted ways to get rid of cellulite. However, most people that swear by these remedies use them together. By following this process 1 time per day, you can notice a significant improvement in your cellulite.
How to use this remedy?
- Use a bristle brush to brush your cellulite. Use hard, short strokes, and brush in the direction of your heart.
- Spend 10 minutes brushing the entire area affected by cellulite.
- Take a hot shower.
- After you finish your shower, pat dry.
- Massage your butt, thighs, hips, and other cellulite-affected areas with coconut oil.
There is some evidence to suggest that gelatin consumption can prevent and even reverse the development of cellulite. Gelatin naturally supports your skin and hair. It’s also a great source of collagen.
How to use gelatin for cellulite?
It may repair damaged collagen that causes cellulite. While you can eat processed gelatin products like Jell-O, many experts recommend buying pure gelatin and making your gelatin-based food.
Many people recommend coffee scrubs for cellulite. Not only is coffee an effective way to get rid of cellulite. It also makes use of something that you would otherwise just throw away. Coffee grounds can break up fat deposits underneath the skin, exfoliate your skin, and encourage blood flow to the area.
How to use coffee for cellulite?
- Mix 1/4 cup of coffee grounds with 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- Stir in 2 to 3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil.
- Stir to combine everything.
- Take a bit of the coffee mixture into your palms. Massage it into your cellulite for 5 to 10 minutes.
- You can save the excess scrub in your refrigerator and repeat the scrub 2 to 3 times per week.
6. Detox Bath
Some experts believe that cellulite is caused by a buildup of toxins and fat in the body. It can be hard to flush these toxins out of your body, especially if you eat lots of salt and fat. A detox bath can pull toxins from your body and reduce the appearance of cellulite.
How to take detox bath for cellulite?
- Run a hot bath.
- Stir in 1 cup of Epsom salts.
- Sit in the bath for 15 to 30 minutes.
Massaging your cellulite can help break up the clumps of fat that sit just below the surface of your skin. You will need a fairly strong massage for this. You can do it yourself or ask a partner to help you with it.
How to massage for cellulite?
- Dip your fingertips in coconut oil or massage oil. Vigorously press into the center of your cellulite.
- Massage brusquely in small circles, working your way out from the center of the cellulite.
- Do this for at least 10 minutes.
- Repeat nightly or 2 times per week.
8. Seaweed Baths
Seaweed baths have been used by many people to temporarily reduce the appearance of cellulite. To enjoy the benefits of seaweed for cellulite, use this remedy on a regular basis.
How to take seaweed bath for cellulite?
- Run a warm bath. Add 1 to 2 cups of seaweed to the bath.
- Soak in the bath for 20 minutes.
- After getting out of the bath, vigorously scrub the areas of your skin that have cellulite.
- Repeat this process 2 times per week.
9. Lemon Juice and Cayenne Pepper
While this may not be one of the best-tasting home remedies for cellulite, it is one of the most effective. Most people who have tried this treatment have noticed a significant reduction in the appearance of their cellulite, in addition to an overall more healthy feeling.
How to use Lemon Juice and Cayenne Pepper for cellulite?
- Pour 1 cup of water into a glass. Squeeze the juice of 1/2 of a lemon into the water and
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper. Stir until the cayenne pepper is evenly distributed.
- Drink the entire glass of water.
- Drink this mixture 3 times per day for at least 30 days in a row.
10. Cocoa Butter
Cocoa butter is known for preventing stretch marks in pregnant women. It’s logical that it’s one of the more popular home remedies for cellulite. This remedy uses cocoa butter with coffee grounds and sugar for a powerful cellulite treatment.
How to use Cocoa butter for cellulite?
- Combine 1 tablespoon of cocoa butter, 1 teaspoon of coarse cane sugar and 1 teaspoon of coffee grounds to a bowl.
- Continue adding equal amounts of sugar and coffee grounds until the mixture is thick and gritty to the touch.
- Scrub the cocoa butter mixture into the area affected by cellulite, scrubbing hard to break up the cellulite. Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes on your skin.
- Rinse the scrub off with cool water.
Tips to Prevent and Get Rid of Cellulite
These are the various tips to prevent and get rid of cellulite:
- Try to avoid rapid weight gain. If it is unavoidable, offset it with healthy eating and daily exercise to keep blood flowing near cellulite trouble sites.
- When you exercise, focus on exercises that tone your butt, hips, and thighs.
- Try to get regular massages to break up cellulite and smooth out your skin.
- Maintain a healthy diet that’s full of vegetables and fruits. These nutrients can keep your skin strong and healthy.
- Get up and walk around several times per day if you spend most of your day sitting. Too much sitting can lead to cellulite.