Shingles Natural Treatment
Shingles is a virus that lives in your body if you’ve ever had chickenpox. It typically remains inactive. Older adults often suffer from shingles, which causes painful inflammation on the body.
It typically forms around the middle of the body. Rather than suffering through the pain of shingles. You can try these home remedies for shingles for quick treatment and pain relief.
Natural Cure for Shingles
Capsaicin is a natural compound found in cayenne pepper. It is often used in over-the-counter or prescription ointments. However, you can create your capsaicin rub and save money. Capsaicin works by blocking pain signals.
- Add 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to a bowl.
- Pour in 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- Stir to spread the cayenne pepper throughout the olive oil.
- Heat until warmed through.
- Bring back to room temperature and store in a glass jar.
- Rub the olive oil mixture all over the area that is affected by shingles.
With natural antiviral properties, garlic is one of the easiest home remedies for shingles. If you do not have garlic cloves for this remedy, you can also take 2 tablespoons of garlic juice twice per day.
- Remove 2 cloves of garlic from the bulb.
- Use a fork to smash the garlic cloves slightly. This releases the juices.
- Eat the garlic cloves raw.
Repeat every day for as long as the shingles virus remains.
Echinacea is a very powerful immune booster used to treat everything from the common cold to major infections. Shingle blisters can become infected with bacteria. Echniacea strengthens your body against bacteria and infections.
This plant, also called melissa, has polyphenols. These compounds can treat an infection quickly and naturally. Lemon balm is one of the most effective home remedies for shingles.
- Boil 1 cup of water.
- Add 4 teaspoons of lemon balm to the boiling water.
- Steep for 5 minutes.
- Strain the lemon balm and let the tea cool completely.
- Dab a cotton ball into the tea.
- Apply the tea to blisters and sores.
Repeat 4 times per day.
Make sure that you use a new cotton ball for each area to prevent spreading the infection to other parts of your body.
5.Cat’s Claw Extract
Cat’s claw is an anti-inflammatory extract that can reduce the pain and swelling caused by shingles. While this is one of the most effective home remedies for shingles, it should not be used by pregnant women. Take Cat’s claw every day that you have shingles and for one after shingles are gone to ensure that the inflammation does not return.