Home Remedies for Pneumonia
When you get an infection in your lungs they often become inflamed. This leads to pneumonia, a fairly serious respiratory condition. If it is left unattended too long, pneumonia can turn into more serious illnesses.
These home remedies for pneumonia can help you safely and naturally eradicate pneumonia and reduce inflammation in your lungs. Start using these pneumonia treatment at home as soon as you know you have pneumonia to prevent it from getting worse.
Pneumonia treatment at home
1. Cayenne Pepper Tea
Cayenne pepper is full of antimicrobial properties, making it excellent for treating illnesses like pneumonia. It can be difficult to stomach if you do not like spicy seasonings, but it is often very effective.
How to use Cayenne pepper for pneumonia?
- Boil 1 cup of water. Add 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the water. Stir until the cayenne pepper is evenly dispersed in the water.
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey if you want to make the drink more palatable.
2. Barberry Root Bark Tea
The barberry root bark is one of the strongest herbal preparations you can use against pneumonia because of the antibacterial agents present in it. Use this remedy for barberry root bark tea to beat pneumonia naturally.
How to use barberry root bark for pneumonia?
- Boil 1 cup of water. Cut a 2-inch chunk of barberry root bark. Submerge the root in the water.
- Let the mixture steep for 10 minutes. Remove the bark from the water.
- Repeat every day until the pneumonia is gone.
3. Garlic Tea
Garlic tops almost everyone’s list of home remedies for pneumonia because it is naturally antibacterial and antiviral. You can enjoy garlic’s health benefits in many ways. You might eat it raw, add it to food, or drink garlic tea.
How to use Garlic for pneumonia?
- Boil 1 cup of water. Peel 3 cloves of garlic off of a bulb of garlic. Smash the garlic cloves lightly so they begin releasing their juices. Add the garlic cloves to the water.
- Steep for 5 minutes. Strain the garlic out of the tea.
- Repeat 3 times per day until your pneumonia has passed.
4. Ginger Tea
For a big boost to your immunity, you have to add ginger to your diet. It is one of the best home remedies for pneumonia. In addition to cooking with ginger and using it as a seasoning, you can use the following remedy to benefit from ginger 2 or 3 times per day.
How to use Ginger Tea for pneumonia?
- Boil 1 cup of water. Cut off a 1-inch chunk of ginger. Cut the chunk of ginger into slightly smaller pieces. Add the ginger to the water.
- Steep for 10 minutes. Strain the ginger out of the water.
- Repeat 2 or 3 times per day to protect your immune system against pneumonia.
5. Turmeric Root
Turmeric is a seasoning known for its various medicinal properties, which makes it a great home remedy for pneumonia. You can use it in cooking or you can eat it plain to enjoy turmeric’s health benefits.
How to use Turmeric for pneumonia?
- Cut a 1-inch chunk of turmeric. Cut the chunk into two smaller pieces.
- Chew on both pieces extensively to release the turmeric juice. Eat both chunks of turmeric.
- Repeat every day.
6. Holy Basil Tea
Holy basil is known as one of the most powerful home remedies for pneumonia because of all of its medicinal benefits. Use this remedy every 4 hours while you have pneumonia to defeat it as quickly as you can.
How to use Holy Basil for pneumonia?
- Boil 1 cup of water. Add 1 small handful of fresh holy basil to the water.
- Steep for 5 minutes. Strain the holy basil out of the water. Add a sprinkle of black pepper to the tea.
- Repeat every 4 hours.