Natural Remedies for Eczema
Eczema can be a painful and embarrassing condition that is generally treated with steroid creams to both clear it and clear the itch. This can be harmful over time and it is not a guaranteed fix.
Eczema Home Treatment
Fortunately, many great home remedies for eczema exist.
Fermented foods such as sauerkraut, natural kefir, and dill pickles can be eaten in quantity each day.
This will place the right amount of good alkaline in your system and fight eczema internally while other home remedies for eczema are working on your outsides.
You can use the pickle and sauerkraut juice for a topical cleanser, as well on the affected areas. Beware there is a bit of an odor.
2.Live Culture Yogurt
We can hardly have home remedies for eczema without us mentioning live culture yogurt. Live culture is yogurt that has not been frozen–like the ones you find in the dessert shops.
Plain live culture yogurt can be eaten as well as applied on the skin as a treatment for eczema once or twice daily. Do not skip a day so you receive optimal benefits.
This has long since been used as a scalp and hair treatment and does not disappoint in the way of home remedies for eczema.
Coconut oil can also be used on other skin conditions and even wrinkles! Apply as a moisturizer on the affected areas liberally as the skin should absorb quite a lot.
4.Vitamin E Oil
Vitamin E oil is easy to find and easy to use. It can be found at drug stores in capsule form and you simply break open the gel caps and rub it into the affected areas.
This will relieve itching and redness while actually healing the skin. Taking vitamin E in pill form orally is also good for skin cell repair.
Placing ten drops of this liquid on the affected area will take care of the symptoms and also heal the skin in the process. You can find it in many drugstores, online, or at health food stores.
6.Avocado and Olive Oil Mix
- Take a whole avocado and ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- Break off one leaf of an Aloe Vera plant and score the leaf to extract as much juice as you can.
- Place all components in a food processor and mix.
- Place in refrigerator until a little firm and literally rub it into affected areas every day until you see an improvement.
Use this home remedy for eczema before bed so you don’t stain your clothes.
7.Calendula or Marigold Flowers
- Take one or both flowers and steep to make a tea.
- Add five drops of lavender oil to the tea and bathe the affected area twice a day until the area is free of irritation.
- Use one flower at a time to see if there are any allergic reactions before you combine them both.
- Soak very thin slices of cucumber in water for two or more hours.
- When very soft, mash them and filter the liquid.
- Place in affected area and bandage overnight.
Do this several times a week.
- Skin and boil 2 carrots.
- When they are soft enough, mash into a paste and put on the affected area for 10 minutes.
- Rinse the area and pat dry.
Do this every other day.
10.Foods to Eat
- Eat more grass-fed meats, fowl, and pork.
- Have more whole foods, especially green and leafy vegetables.
- Drink green vegetable juices such as kale and spinach.
- Use Chia seeds and hemp seeds or powder in smoothies.
The more superfoods you can put in your system and the more detergents and grain-fed meats you exclude from your system– the stronger your immune system will be.