How to Get Rid of Dry Scalp?
A dry scalp can be caused by a number of factors. It may be due to genetics, a lack of oil, an overabundance of oil, or thin skin.
A dry scalp often causes dandruff, which leaves embarrassing flakes all over your clothes. Instead of wearing light-colored clothes for the rest of your life, try these home remedies for dry scalp.
Natural Remedies for Dry Scalp
Fenugreek is a healthy herb that has many different health benefits. When used regularly, fenugreek can restore your scalp to a naturally healthy state.
- Use a food processor to grind up 1 tablespoon of fenugreek seeds.
- Put the fenugreek seeds in 2 cups of water.
- Soak the seeds overnight.
- Strain the seeds out of the water.
- Massage some of the water into your scalp.
- Pour the rest over your scalp as a rinse.
2.Hot Oil Massage
A hot oil massage is one of the most relaxing home remedies for dry scalp. It stimulates the growth of healthy skin cells and clears dead skin cells away from your head.
- Heat 1/2 to 1 cup of coconut or olive oil in a pan until it is warm but not hot.
- Get your hair damp with water.
- Use your hands to massage the warm oil into your scalp, thoroughly covering every part of your head.
- Leave the oil on your scalp for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the oil away with warm water.
When you use aspirin with your normal shampoo, it acts as an exfoliator. It rubs away dead skin cells, leaving your scalp covered with new, healthy skin cells.
- Use a food processor to crush 2 aspirin tablets into a powder.
- Put the aspirin in a small bowl.
- Add 3-5 tablespoons of shampoo.
- Mix the shampoo and aspirin together.
- Apply the shampoo to your hair.
- Leave the shampoo in for two minutes.
- Rinse as normal.
- Shampoo again without any aspirin.
As lemon juice is a natural astringent, it can clear away dead skin on your scalp and leave your scalp clean and healthy. Use this remedy once per week for a healthy, smooth scalp.
- Pour 1/2 cup of lemon juice in a bowl.
- Use your hands to massage the lemon juice into your scalp.
- Ensure that all of your scalps are covered with lemon juice.
- Let the lemon juice sit on your scalp for 5 minutes.
- Shampoo and rinse your hair as normal, ensuring that you have rinsed out all of the lemon juice.
5.Apple Cider Vinegar
Like lemon juice, apple cider vinegar is naturally astringent. This is one of the best home remedies for the dry scalp because it improves the overall health of your hair, instead of just treating your dry scalp.
- Pour 1 cup of apple cider vinegar and 1 cup of cold water into a bowl.
- Shampoo and rinse your hair as normal.
- Pour the apple cider vinegar mixture over your hair.
- Do not rinse your hair.
- Towel dry hair and let it air dry to promote scalp health.
Many people think that baking soda is not a dry scalp treatment because it is naturally drying. However, the fine powder of baking soda can scrub dead scalp skin away and leave your scalp healthy and moisturized. It is so affordable that it is one of the most popular home remedies for dry scalp.
- While in the shower, get your hair wet.
- Pour 3 tablespoons of baking soda into your hand.
- Slowly massage the baking soda into your scalp.
- Cover your scalp with baking soda and let it sit.
- After 5 minutes, rinse your hair with cool water.
- Pat your hair dry.
Use this remedy every other day for a healthier scalp in a few weeks.